Best Investing Quotes
During the course of written history there have been some great people to make their way into our history books. All of these great people are known for different feats but one thing that they all have in common is the fact that they were a leader that stood out for what they did. Investing has seen many great names like Fisher, Graham, and Buffett. These guys have been so successful that many books have been written about them. They are so full of wisdom that we can all learn a lot from them. So I have prepared some of the best investing quotes below.
1. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
Knowledge is what fuels the whole wealth building process. From knowledge used to earn income to knowledge used to make solid investments. Franklin was definitely on to something because it does pay the best interest.
2. “I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” – Warren Buffett
One of the most referenced quotes, is probably one of the most useful. When a sector or stock price has been beaten down but the fundamentals are good, is the perfect time to buy.
3. “The stock market is filled with individuals who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing.” – Philip Fisher
The market is a crazy thing to predict and it shouldn’t be done on price along. What really matters is the value of a company not the price.
4. “It’s not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for.” – Robert Kiyosaki
This goes back to the simple fact that everyone has money problems. Some people’s problem is not having enough money while someone else’s problem may be to protect all the money that they have. So once you build up a snowball you want to be able to keep growing that snowball!
5. “In investing, what is comfortable is rarely profitable.” – Robert Arnott
Outside of the comfort zone is where you will make some of your largest gains. When you’re in the middle of a bull market it is easy to invest in a good stock but it is way more profitable to invest in that same stock at the bottom of a bear market.
6. “Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing.” – Warren Buffett
This is another simple truth by Warren Buffett. We seek diversification as a way to safeguard our portfolios in case the market takes a turn for the worst. If we fully understood what we were investing in we would know how to use that market turn to out advantage and still be able to sleep well at night.
7. “You get recessions, you have stock market declines. If you don’t understand that’s going to happen, then you’re not ready, you won’t do well in the markets.” – Peter Lynch
“If you have trouble imagining a 20% loss in the stock market, you shouldn’t be in stocks.” – John Bogle
This is the plain and simple truth. If you are investing for the long term then you are not too worried about the unrealized gains that you see because you know that those down markets are the best times to buy more!
-Jason from MoreDividends.com
Be sure and follow me on your favorite social media platform:
MoreDividendsdotcom on Facebook
@MoreDividends on Twitter
If you would like to receive an email whenever I publish a new article: